Our school council is made up of children, from Y1 to Y6 children. We are the voice of each class and we are able to help to make important decisions for our school to ensure it is a happy place for everyone. We regularly meet with Miss Williams to discuss issues and put forward our ideas. We then report back any decisions we make to our class. It is a very important job in school and we look forward to sharing our developments!
Our School Council aims to encourage our children to:
- Develop confidence and responsibility and make the most of their abilities
- Prepare them to play an active role as citizens
- Develop healthy, safer lifestyles
- Develop good relationships and respect the differences between people
- To have a “voice” and to share their opinions and ideas with others
We value the benefits of operating a School Council. The School Council represents the whole school. We feel they benefit the whole community and as a school we operate as a community. Through our School Council and class council work it is hoped that we can develop a balance and wholeness, helping to make our community more harmonious to live in. Our School Council work will enable pupils with positive attitudes to exert a positive influence. Everyone will benefit from the work of the School Council.
What makes a great student council representative?
- Be a role model and set a good example to others.
- Be confident and speak up - you are the voice of your class.
- Support people to understand new ideas.
- Believe that everyone should have a vote.
- Understand British Values.
- Makes notes at meetings to help you feedback to your class.
- Makes notes at your class meeting to help you to feedback to your fellow student council reps.