At Laughton All Saints’, we encourage our children to take responsibility for the environment. This is led by our Eco-committee, who meet each half term with Mrs Fielding and are responsible for encouraging others to take responsibility for our school, community and planet.
Our Eco Warriors help to care for our school environment: they help others to follow our eco-code, monitor our energy use and encourage teachers and children to recycle.
Here are some examples of the ways we have improved our school:
- We now have paper recycling bins in every classroom.
- We deliver regular assemblies on how we can care for the environment and update parents via our school newsletter.
- We have raised funds to adopt two endangered animals.
- We have participated in community litter picks and tree planting schemes.
- We continue to raise funds to purchase litter picking equipment.
- We write to local businesses to support our causes.
- We have planted wildflower seeds within the school grounds to encourage native insects.
- We have developed and maintained an outdoor learning space with a bug hotel.
- Classes have participated in a ‘reduce, re-use, recycle’ themed book swap.
- Classes have made bird feeders using recycled materials.
- Our school displays now reflect environmental issues and constantly enforce our school’s eco-code.
Please see attached our Environment Review, Action Plan and Eco-code documents.